Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials (JUFGNSM) is an international rapid publications journal, which publishes peer reviewed original research and review papers. A report in JUFGNSM should represent a major advance in Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering that involves the effect of the microstructure (especially grain size) on the mechanical and/or functional properties of the materials.
The scope of the journal includes, but is not limited to, research in the following areas:
(1) Processing, characterization, simulation, and application of ultrafine grained and nanostructured materials
(2) Severe plastic deformation (SPD)
(3) Ball milling and mechanical alloying
(6) Grain refinement in the liquid and solid states
(7) Thermomechanical processing
(8) Additive manufacturing
(9) Heterostructured materials
(10) Computational materials science
Materials scientists and engineers, mechanical engineers, physicists, and chemists are the main audiences of JUFGNSM.