1. Davis JR . Surface engineering for corrosion and wear resistance. ASM international, 2001.
2. Miyamoto H. Corrosion of Ultrafine Grained Materials by Severe Plastic Deformation. an Overview. Materials Transactions. 2016;57:559–572.
3. Cheng Z, Dan S, Jiang J, Jiang J, Kai YOU. Microstructure Characteristic and Electrochemical Corrosion Behavior of Surface Nano-crystallization Modified Carbon Steel. Journal of Iron and Steel Research, International. 2016;23:1281–1289.
4. Song D, Ma A, Sun W, Jiang J, Jiang J, Yang D, Guo G. Improved corrosion resistance in simulated concrete pore solution of surface nanocrystallized rebar fabricated by wire-brushing. Corrosion Science. 2014;82:437-441.
5. Afshari V, Dehghanian C. Effects of grain size on the electrochemical corrosion behaviour of electrodeposited nanocrystalline Fe coatings in alkaline solution, Corrosion Science. 2009;51:1844–1849.
6. Ralston KD, Birbilis N. Effect of grain size on corrosion: a review. Corrosion. 2010;66:75005.
7. Sastri VS. Green corrosion inhibitors: Theory and practice. John Wiley & Sons. 2012.
8. Yagasaki T, Matsumoto M, Tanaka H. Adsorption mechanism of inhibitor and guest molecules on the surface of gas hydrates. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 2015;137:12079–12085.
9. Shen CB, Wang SG, Yang HY, Long K, Wang FH. Corrosion and corrosion inhibition by thiourea of bulk nanocrystallized industrial pure iron in dilute HCl solution. Corrosion Science. 2006;48:1655–1665.
10. Oguzie EE, Wang SG, Li Y, Wang FH. Corrosion and corrosion inhibition characteristics of bulk nanocrystalline ingot iron in sulphuric acid. Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry. 2008;12:721–728.
11. Pour-Ali S, Kiani-Rashid A, Babakhani A. Improved corrosion inhibition of 3-amino-1, 2, 4-triazole on mild steel electrode in HCl solution using surface nanocrystallization. International Journal of Materials Research. 2016;107:1031–1040.
12. Afshari V, Dehghanian C. The effect of pure iron in a nanocrystalline grain size on the corrosion inhibitor behavior of sodium benzoate in near-neutral aqueous solution. Materials Chemistry and Physics. 2010;124:466–471.
13. Afshari V, Dehghanian C. Inhibitor effect of sodium benzoate on the corrosion behavior of nanocrystalline pure iron metal in near-neutral aqueous solutions. Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry. 2010;14:1855–1861.
14. Kitahara H, Yada T, Tsushida M, Ando S. Microstructure and evaluation of wire-brushed Mg sheets. Procedia Engineering. 2011;10:2737–2742.
15. Liu YG, Li MQ, Liu HJ. Surface nanocrystallization and gradient structure developed in the bulk TC4 alloy processed by shot peening. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2016;685:186–193.
16. D1141-98 A Standard Practice for the Preparation of Substitute Ocean Water. ASTM International West Conshohocken. 2008.
17. Tao NR, Wang ZB, Tong WP, Sui ML, Lu J, Lu K. An investigation of surface nanocrystallization mechanism in Fe induced by surface mechanical attrition treatment. Acta Materialia. 2002;50:4603–4616.
18. Sato M, Tsuji N, Minamino Y, Koizumi Y. Formation of nanocrystalline surface layers in various metallic materials by near surface severe plastic deformation. Science and Technology of Advanced Materials. 2004;5:145–152.
19. Carrillo I, Valdez B, Zlatev R, Stoytcheva M, Carrillo M, Bäßler R. Electrochemical study of oxyanions effect on galvanic corrosion inhibition. International Journal of Electrochemical Science. 2012;7:8688–8701.
20. Trachli B, Keddam M, Takenouti H, Srhiri A. Protective effect of electropolymerized 3-amino 1, 2, 4-triazole towards corrosion of copper in 0.5 M NaCl. Corrosion Science. 2002;44:997–1008.
21. Yildiz R. An electrochemical and theoretical evaluation of 4, 6-diamino-2-pyrimidinethiol as a corrosion inhibitor for mild steel in HCl solutions. Corrosion Science. 2015;90:544–553.
22. Dermaj A, Hajjaji N, Joiret S, Rahmouni K, Srhiri A, Takenouti H, Vivier V. Electrochemical and spectroscopic evidences of corrosion inhibition of bronze by a triazole derivative. Electrochimica Acta. 2007;52:4654–4662.
23. Rammelt U, Schiller CA. Impedance studies of layers with a vertical decay of conductivity or permittivity. ACH-Models in Chemistry. 2000;137:199–212.
24. Mï H. The corrosion behaviour of a low carbon steel in natural and synthetic seawaters. Journal of the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy. 2006;106:585–592.
25. Trela J, Scendo M. Sodium molybdate (VI) as a corrosion inhibitr of carbon steel, Technical Issues. 2015;2:47–53.
26. Lv J, Luo H. Comparison of corrosion behavior between coarse grained and nano/ultrafine grained 304 stainless steel by EWF, XPS and EIS. Journal of Nuclear Materials. 2014;452:469–473.
27. Li W, Li DY, Influence of surface morphology on corrosion and electronic behavior. Acta Materialia. 2006;54:445–452.
28. Moudgil HK, Yadav S, Chaudhary RS, Kumar D. Synergistic effect of some antiscalants as corrosion inhibitor for industrial cooling water system. Journal of Applied Electrochemistry. 2009;39:1339–1347.
29. Refaey SAM, El-Rehim SSA, Taha F, Saleh MB, Ahmed RA. Ahmed, Inhibition of chloride localized corrosion of mild steel by , , anions. Applied Surface Science. 2000;158:190–196.
30. Sanaty-Zadeh A, Raeissi K, Saidi A. An investigation on the effect of electrochemical adsorbates on properties of electrodeposited nanocrystalline Fe–Ni alloys. International Journal of Nanoscience . 2013;12:1350002.
31. Nastasi M, Parkin DM, Gleiter H. Mechanical properties and deformation behavior of materials having ultra-fine microstructures. Springer Science & Business Media, 2012.
32. Hempelmann R, Natter H. Nanostructured Metals and Alloys Deposited from Ionic Liquids. Electrodeposition from Ionic Liquids. 2008;222:213–238.
33. Sommer WJ, Weck M. Facile functionalization of gold nanoparticles via microwave-assisted 1, 3 dipolar cycloaddition. Langmuir. 2007;23:11991–11995.